Booking Terms and Conditions.
The following booking terms and conditions form the basis of your contract with Walking the Cotswolds. Please read them carefully as they set out our respective rights and obligations.
1. Reservation and Payment.
- Please complete the booking form and submit it to us online.
- Upon reservation a deposit will be required of 15% or a minimum of £100 per holiday.
- The balance is to be paid at least six weeks before the commencement of your holiday.
- Full payment will be required if the reservation is being made within six weeks of the commencement of your holiday.
- Payments may be made by credit card (Mastercard, Visa or Amex), debit card or cheque (made payable to 'Walking the Cotswolds') or a Bank Transfer. Credit card payments will be subject to a 2.5% charge (Mastercard and Visa) and 3% charge (Amex).
- Upon receipt of your deposit we will confirm your reservation in writing including the date on which the final balance is due.
- Upon receipt of the full balance we will send you an information pack.
- If the balance is not paid in time we reserve the right to cancel your holiday and retain your deposit.
2. If you Change your Booking.
If you wish to make any changes to your booking prior to the due date for final payment, we will do our utmost to accommodate your requirements free of charge but cannot guarantee to do so. If you wish to make changes less than six weeks before the commencement of your holiday, an administration charge of £50 will apply and be payable within seven days.
3. If you Cancel your Booking.
Should you or any member of your party be forced to cancel your booking, you must do so in writing and the cancellation will take effect from the date that such written notice is received in this office. For a cancellation received more than six weeks before the commencement date of the holiday the deposit will be forfeited but any other payment towards the cost of the holiday will be refunded. For later cancellations the deposit will be forfeited but any other payment towards the holiday will be refunded less the following charges:
- 42 - 29 days before the commencement: 40% of the total cost of the holiday.
- 28 - 15 days before the commencement: 60% of the total cost of the holiday.
No refund can be given for a cancellation less than 15 days before the commencement of a holiday or whilst the holiday is in progress. However, if you cancel less than 15 days before the commencement date and before the holiday starts, we will provide you with a voucher to the value of 15% of the total cost of the holiday which you may use to book another holiday with us within the following 12 months.
In addition to the above charges, it may be necessary to add single room supplements to other members of a party where member(s) of that party cancel, and reduce the group discount.
4. Website Accuracy.
The information given in this website has been carefully checked for accuracy. However, we reserve the right to make changes and where they occur, we will advise you before the booking contract is concluded. If there are any changes to the published prices, these will be confirmed at the time of booking.
5. Changes or Cancellation by us
(1) On rare occasions we have to make changes to a holiday after a booking has been confirmed or cancel confirmed bookings. Whilst we always try to avoid changes and cancellations we must reserve the right to do so. If we have to cancel your holiday or make a significant change before departure (i.e. a change of accommodation to that of a lower official classification or standard for the whole or the majority of the time you are away, a change of accommodation area for the whole or the majority of the time you are away or a change to the date of departure) we will tell you as soon as possible and you will have the choice of:
(a) accepting the changed arrangements or
(b) taking an alternative holiday (and where this is of a lower price we will refund the difference, but where the price is higher we may ask you to pay the difference) or
(c) cancelling or accepting the cancellation and receiving a full refund of all monies paid.
(2) The above options are not available where any change is a minor one (i.e. any change not included in clause 5 (1) above). If we have to make a significant change or cancel, we will pay you compensation up to a maximum of £25 per person in addition to offering you the choices set out in clause 5 (1) above. Compensation will not be payable and no liability (beyond offering the choices set out in clause 5 (1) above) can be accepted where we have to cancel as a result of unusual and unforeseeable circumstances beyond our control or force majeure. We regret we cannot pay any expenses, costs or losses incurred by you as a result of any change or cancellation. No compensation will be payable if we cancel as a result of your failure to comply with any requirement of these booking terms and conditions entitling us to cancel, such as paying on time.
6. Force Majeure
We regret we cannot accept any liability or pay any compensation where the performance or prompt performance of our contractual obligations is prevented or affected by, or you otherwise suffer any damage or loss as a result of force majeure. Force majeure means any event which we, or the supplier of the service(s) in question, could not, even with all due care, foresee or avoid. Such events include war or threat of war, riots, civil strife, terrorist activities, industrial disputes, fire, natural or nuclear disasters, adverse weather conditions and all similar events outside our control.
7. Our Responsibilities
We will not be responsible for any injury,
illness, death, loss, damage, expense, cost or other sum or claim of
any description whatsoever which results from the fault of the
person(s) affected or any member(s) of their party or results from
an event or circumstance which we or the supplier of the service(s)
in question could not have predicted or avoided even after taking
all reasonable care. We cannot accept responsibility for any
services which do not form part of our contract. This includes, for
example, any additional services or facilities which your hotel or
any other supplier agrees to provide for you where the services or
facilities are not advertised in this website and we have not agreed
to arrange them. The maximum amount we will have to pay you where we
are found liable for loss of and/or damage to any luggage or
personal possessions (including money) is £50 per person affected.
For all other claims which do not involve death or personal injury,
the maximum amount we will have to pay you if we are found liable to
you on any basis is the price (excluding amendment charges) paid by
or on behalf of the person(s) affected.
8. Your Responsibilities
It is your responsibility to ensure that you are physically fit, adequately experienced, suitably equipped for your holiday and aware of the risks involved in a walking holiday. Although we will ensure that the holiday is as safe as possible you must accept that the sole responsibility for your personal safety remains with you. In the interests of the safety of you and the members of your party you must follow the advice in the route notes provided, as well as that provided by anybody on our behalf, take due notice of any warnings or advisory signs displayed along your route, obey the Country Code and act sensibly and reasonably at all times.
9. Complaints and Problems
In the unlikely event that you have any reason to complain or experience any problem with your holiday, you should contact our office immediately and we will do our best to resolve the problem straightaway. Should it not be possible to resolve your complaint immediately, you should email or write to us, giving full details, within 14 days of the holiday's conclusion. Complaints received after this time can be very difficult to investigate.
All matters arising from your contract with us are governed by English Law and are subject to the jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
We strongly recommend that you protect yourself, your equipment and luggage with a suitable holiday insurance policy. This insurance should also be arranged to cover non-returnable costs should you have to cancel your trip due to unexpected personal circumstances.
Data Protection and Privacy
In order to process your booking and to ensure that your travel arrangements run smoothly and meet your requirements, we need to use the information you provide (such as name, address, any special needs). We take full responsibility for ensuring the proper security measures are in place to protect your information. We must pass the information on to the relevant suppliers of your travel arrangements (e.g. hotels). The information may also be provided to public authorities such as customs/immigration if required by them, or as required by law. We will only pass any information that is strictly relevant to your holiday to the suppliers concerned with your holiday. This applies to any sensitive information you may give us (dietary needs, disabilities, etc.). If we cannot pass this information to the relevant suppliers, we cannot provide your booking. In making a booking, you consent to this information being passed to the relevant persons. We will never sell personal information. Our employees and associates are obliged by us to respect confidentiality. We will not use your information, or information provided by you concerning others in your party, for any purpose other than carrying out your booking, or, with your permission, to inform you of other offers in the future.
For a friendly and professional service call Deenie and the team on 01386 841966 to discuss your Cotswold walking holiday requirements.
We provide a superb selection of accommodation offering everything from basic and comfortable guest rooms through to four and five star luxury.
As an experienced walker, Deenie can provide expert route planning along with maps for you to follow during your walking holiday.